Here are some ways to bring back the happiness in your life:
1. Stop trying to be perfect. Don’t expect perfection from yourself or from anybody. You don’t need to impress people around you and you don’t have to get everything done perfectly.
2. Be happy and satisfied with what you have. Stop comparing with others at every stage, this will in fact add to your misery. Be happy and content with your life. Remove the feelings of jealousy and enmity.
3. Schedule some time for yourself. Give yourself one hour each day when you can truly relax and enjoy yourself. Do some exercise, work on a hobby, go for a walk, or read a book. Pamper yourself with some massages or beauty therapies. Meditate or pray to God. This will renew your energy and concentration.
4. If you are too stressed at work, take a break and refresh your energy. Go for a holiday with your family and friends. Explore new places. Taking breaks helps your body recover the lost energy. You may take short or long breaks, depending on your work and stress levels. When you get back to work after a break, your concentration and focus improves a great deal and you are more motivated
5. Don’t be alone all the time. Go out with your friends and talk to them on the phone regularly. Watch a movie, go shopping or do things that you always loved but did not get the time because of your busy schedules. Call your friends home and watch a funny movie together.
6. If you are a working parent, take a break from work and spend time with your kids. Or play with your pets. Visit your relatives and throw a party for them. Dance and sing with them.
7. Be grateful to people around you. Be thankful for even small favors and blessings.
8. Help Others. It has been observed that helping others gives you immense satisfaction and happiness. Make someone’s life more beautiful by contributing in your own small way.
9. Re-assess your priorities. Spend time with your family and pray to God. Stay in the present. Do not waste time regretting your past or worrying about the future.
10. Laugh out loud at least once in a day and keep smiling. Focus on things that keep you happy instead of those that keep you down. Forget your worries and pains, everybody in this world, has some problems. But it all depends on the way you deal with it.