Huawei’s annual smartphone photography competition, HUAWEI NEXT IMAGE Awards 2022, concluded on December 30 with the unveiling of 54 prize-winning works, which included 3 Grand Prize Winners, 24 Best-in-Category Winners, and 27 Runner-up Winners. The NEXT IMAGE Awards 2022 kicked off on August 1 last year and remained open for more than three months and received thousands of entries from around the world. Regional photographers have made a strong showing in the competition. Out of the 54 winning works, 6 are from across the Middle East and Africa region.
Celebrating the beauty of everyday life
Four photographers from the MEA region won the best-in-category award, and two others were runner-up winners. Besides winning the award, these photographers also do an excellent job of showcasing the diversity and charm of the region’s rich culture. Their photographs highlight the unique perspectives and stories these cultures have to offer the world.
The photo taken below by the hands of the professional Kuwaiti photographer, Ali Al Arbash in the Al Mubarakiya market in Kuwait City demonstrates that even mundane everyday things can be interesting when looked at from the right perspective. A runner-up winner in the Hello Life category, the photo draws the viewer’s attention with a clearly visible beam of light irradiating the singular human in the frame.
“This photo was taken in the centre of Kuwait City, from an old market called Al-Mubarakiya, which is one of the most popular markets. From the ceiling of this market, the sunshine spread randomly throughout the place. There was a worker in a buffet who was making an external decoration for a shop. I captured the beautiful moment when the sunshine was on his body.” - Ali Abdul Hameed Al-Arbash
We had the privilege to interview Mr Al Arbash and gave us an in-depth view about his experience with Huawei smartphones along his journey.
- Q: Which Huawei products and how many Huawei smartphones do you use for photography?
- A: “I started off with HUAWEI Mate 8, HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro, HUAWEI nova 5T, HUAWEI P30 PRO, HUAWEI P50 Pro.”
- Q: What features/specs do you like in the HUAWEI P50 Pro?
- A: “I liked the P50 Pro device, it is the enormous leap in the quality of the device from the telephoto feature and the device is distinguished from the rest of the devices in preserving the characteristics of the snapshot in the case of optical zoom to the level of 10X.”
- Q: What features do you expect Huawei to enhance for their upcoming smartphones?
- A: “I hope to add a cinematic mode feature to keep up with its competing devices, to join them in creativity with the same artistic axis. I always hope that enhancement should be done for night-shots, by allowing the lens to absorb enough light in it, and from it we go back to strengthening the optical zoom from the 10x level to be an elite in performance from the rest of the devices.”
The images below showcase the power of HUAWEI P50 Pro that are taken by nonetheless, Mr. Ali Al Arbash.
The HUAWEI NEXT IMAGE Awards aims to inspire ordinary users to capture important life moments through mobile photography. Since its launch in 2017, the HUAWEI NEXT IMAGE Awards has served as a unique showcase for outstanding photography works by Huawei mobile phone users. The competition will continue to inspire and engage with talented mobile phone users as Huawei introduces innovative mobile imaging technologies and experiences.
Visit the link for the full list of winning works: https://gallery.consumer.huawei.com
Related Business Chains: